About Scoot Boots
To offer superior quality hoof boots, that support a natural approach to horse care and promote the health and well-being of our customers' equine companions.
To become the leading manufacturer of hoof boots through inspiring, educating and advocating for a barefoot natural approach for horses around the globe.
Dave MacDonald is the creator and innovator of our Scoot Boots. He had spent 30 years working with horses and 15 years as a farrier when he developed the world’s first practical hoof boot, the ‘Old Macs’ multi-purpose hoof boot in 1998.
Once the ‘Old Mac’ came to fruition he then had to convince horse owners that they could actually ride a horse in boots and could be used in most equine disciplines.
Since the advent of the ‘Old Mac’ hoof boot many new hoof boot designs have entered the world boot market to cater for the rapidly growing industry of barefoot trimming and booting.
- Easy on easy off
- Will not get soggy, heavy or wet when riding through muddy and wet terrain
- Superb strength over all types of terrain
- Larger fitting range
- No cables or Velcro to clog with mud, hair and debris
- no cables that need replacing
- Lightweight — approximatelly 280grams (9 ounces) a boot
- Excellent drainage
- Easy to clean
- No adjustment is required as securement is achieved by parts of the hoof that do not grow
- unparalleled for security and traction
- Does not turn on the hoof
- Will fit hooves securely throughout a whole trimming cycle
- Great ventilation and breathability for hot climate riding